Saturday, January 1, 2011

The year.

I've been way too busy to be updating this blog. That's fine with me- the other things in my life are obviously more important. My kids, my family, my business. And on top of that, how many boring family blogs need to exist in the world? My kids did this, I cooked something boring for dinner, look at us blah blah blah. It's so antiquated. If you know us, and you're important to us, then you know what's happening in our lives. I've been using mainly facebook to update family. It's more instantaneous, it's easily changed, it's a much easier and less static way of bragging, I suppose.

Anyway, this year has brought so much into our lives. Namely, Joseph's birth. His first year has flown by, and he'll be a year old in two weeks. He's by far the most content, happiest, sweetest kid I've ever met. Let's keep our fingers crossed that those traits will continue and not be muddied by his toddler years.

Christmas is always a launching pad into the birthday month for us- Mine is January 2nd, Ella's is the 3rd, my Dad is the 4th, my sister Sarah's is the 11th, and now Joseph's is the 15th. So it's rare that we actually take a breath and revel in Christmas. But I'm vowing to do so from now on. As a kid, I hated feeling the looming birthday on Christmas morning, and even more, I hated the dreaded combined 'Birthday/Christmas present.'  So here's a little bit of Christmas. And ONLY Christmas.






I can not tell you how blessed I am to have Ivan.
He's such a patient, fun, incredible father to these kids of ours. I couldn't ask for more.


The Birthday Boy.
I'll write something to him personally about how he's changed our lives, our family, and me.

These kids are so magnificent, in so many ways. Joseph was born and is now learning to walk and talk, Ella learned to swim, started reading and stared First Grade, Noah jumped into toddler-hood with both feet, and can't stop doing karate and singing and dancing.

We'll see if this blog continues for me. I'm not sure if I'll have time, with all the big things going on for us. I'm not going to say for certain that it's staying or going.

Thanks for the memories, 2010. You were the first year we spent as the Fam Five.  

No comments: