Thursday, October 16, 2008

Orange Hill

So lately I've been in a "my-life-is-about-everyone-else-first-but-no-one-cares-about-me" funk. That is the clinical term, by the way. Also known as "Mother of Two syndrome". And sensing this, in addition to listening to me scream it at the top of my lungs while standing on the toilet seat and shaking a jug of fabric softener, Ivan surprised me with a beautiful brunch at Orange Hill Restaurant. Ivan's not big on surprises, but he pulled this one off beautifully, and it was EXACTLY what I needed to maintain sanity.
The brunch buffet included such offerings as lamb osso bucco, king crab legs, a sushi station, an omelette station, breakfast fare, stir fry station, dessert bar, mochas with fresh cream, it was a stunning spread. And, considering my usual lunch of Grab Anything While Baby Sleeps, it was a hell of a recharge, culinarily speaking.
Not to mention the fact that it's on a hill (duh), and has the most stunning views of Orange County. That may sound like an oxymoron, but it really was beautiful.


Here's proof.


Sometimes that guy surprises me.
And I forget that I just picked up his underwear out of the bathroom for the fifth time this week.

No comments: